Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) requirements are part of FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act), which was established in 2011. The final rule given in the FSMA FSVP Rule (21 CFR 1, 11 & 111) requires that importers perform certain risk-based activities to verify that food imported into the United States has been produced in a manner that meets applicable U.S. safety standards.
The Importance of FSMA FSVP Training
FSVP training is important for several reasons. For one, it provides proper education on regulatory requirements for imported food, which is something that can be lacking in other food safety training programs. Food Safety standards associated with imported food can be somewhat different than what the standards are here in the U.S. This is simply because of the origins of the product and products not being produced under the same industry and food safety guidelines as domestically produced products. FSVP Requires that imported foods meets the same level of public health requirements as food made in the U.S. Successfully completing this course will help you to understand the FSVP requirements and how these requirements can be met in your particular circumstances.
Chicagoland – BD Learning Center – 600 W 5th Ave, Suite B, Naperville, IL 60563
Online Live Course via Zoom or GoToMeeting or Zoom. Online Class Times are in CST.
Pricing & Course Details
Price per person: $599, (5% off for 3 or more participants, 10% off for 5 or more participants) – Price includes training FSPCA certification fees. Hard copies of training materials are provided to participants at no cost in classroom courses only.
12 hour course, Course Times: Day 1 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Day 2, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Learn More About Online Live Course Criteria
- Course Access
You will receive a web page link to Zoom, GoToTraining or GoToMeeting. Please follow the instructions to access the course.
WE ASK THAT YOU LOG IN 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF THE CLASS TO ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR CORRECTING POTENTIAL ISSUES.
- Visual contact during the course
It is required that Course Instructors maintain visual contact with participants at all times throughout the course. The system allows for webcam sharing and this function will be activated at the start of the class. Please assure your webcam is properly working before the class. You can test your webcam by clicking on the link below:
- Audio connectivity
It is required that participants share their work results and respond to questions during the class. Please test your audio functions by using the link below:
We Strongly recommend using a headset to minimize background noise.
FSPCA’s, IHA’s and BD’s attendance Policy is very strict. It is required that course participants attend the full length of the course. Participants arriving late, leaving early or being in and out throughout the course will not receive their certificates.
- Successful completion of the course and work evaluation
There will be no pre and post assessment for most of the courses except HACCP. Successful completion of the course is determined based on the attendance – see 4) Participation – and completing Group Exercises. Additionally, the HACCP Course requires written quiz at the end of the course with 75% passing score. Participants will complete work exercises and share their work results during the class.
- Training Materials and Certificates Training materials for the Online Live Courses are provided in electronic version only. If you wish to obtain a hard copy of the materials for FSPCA Courses, please visit https://bookstorefspca.ifpti.org . For all other courses please contact us directly at email@example.com . Certificates will be emailed or mailed to participants after successful completion of the course
COVID Precautions & Classroom Safe Learning
COVID – 19 Precautions
- If you experience any symptoms of an illness, please do not come to the class and contact us to reschedule.
- Classroom has been arranged to provide an adequate space between attendees. We reduced the number of participants per class.
- Classroom furniture and equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each day of the course.
- Face coverings are required while in the classroom. Hand sanitizers and face masks will be available at the class. Instructors wear face masks while in the classroom. The podium is separated from the rest of the class with a Plexiglas shield to allow Instructors to give a clear speech without a mask.
On – site Training at Client location is available for groups of 7 plus participants
Meet your FSVP Instructors
Visit Bart’s LinkedIn profile web page to learn more about his experience and background
Visit Lauren’s LinkedIn profile web page to learn more about her experience and background
Who Needs FSVP Training?
Importers of human and animal food to the U.S. must have the FSMA FSVP program in place. The program is required to assure food manufactured in other countries and brought to the U.S. provides the same level of public health protection as the preventive controls or produce safety regulations, as appropriate, and to ensure that the supplier’s food is not adulterated and/or misbranded with respect to allergen labeling. Therefore, any business professional or company utilizing foreign-sourced foods or ingredients needs proper training.
A few examples of professionals and types of businesses that require this training include:
- Food importers located in the United States
- Brokers and exporters of foreign food
- Grocery stores that buy inventory from international suppliers
- Restaurants that source overseas supplies for fresh food preparation
- Representatives who handle the importation of foreign food
The Role of FSVP Courses
The FSVP courses offered by BD Food Safety Consultants LLC is a curriculum approved by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA). This course will provide participants with the knowledge needed to implement the requirements of the FSVP rule and build and implement a proper FSVP program.
FSVP training courses can involve:
- Understanding the proper documentation processes for foreign foods
- Getting to know foreseeable hazards with foods from certain places
- Examining a foreign supplier’s performance
- Familiarizing yourself with risks that can be posed by contaminated or adulterated food
- Learning how to conduct supplier verification processes
Why Choose BD Food Safety Consultants LLC for FSVP Training?
Finding the right FSVP training in Chicago, Illinois, is critical. You must have a provider that follows the standards set forth by the FSPCA and FSMA. BD Food Safety Consultants LLC does just that. Our years of experience in food-safety-related training speaks for itself. Through the years, we have worked with numerous professionals and companies to implement proper food safety practices.
If you are ready to start FSVP training, register for courses below or contact BD Food Safety Consultants LLC today for more information